Saturday, June 19, 2004

Power outtage

On Thursday night (actually Friday morning), there was a lot of thunder and lightning in Bellevue.

Around 1am, the power went out. Making the call to Pugest Sound Energy was rather odd - I was the first one to call in my block, but nearly simultaneous with my hangup, the power came flickering back on. So I immediately called back and said the power was back on. The woman thanked me for the info.

Then, within 10 seconds, the power went out again. I waited a few minutes, but it didn't come back on again. Made the call, this time I wasn't first, not by a long shot - there was a recording stating that they were aware of the situation, and that anyone with additional details should call back. But, with the heavy downpour, I didn't feel like going outside for an investigation.

I heard today that I missed a really good lightning show. Maybe next time...

1 Comments:

At Saturday, June 19, 2004 4:13:00 AM, Blogger Richard Finegold said...

Two things I neglected to mention:
* It's good to have emergency lights.
* APC's Back-UPS 350ES doesn't have a way to silence the alarm, so my upstairs TiVo receiver was shut off for the first time in a long time. I tried to check info on it via my cell-phone's Internet account, but I hadn't tried it before then and I'm getting "Security error: Key not recognized" error.

(Hmm, I could swear that there was a way to make unordered lists... I guess I need to do it manually...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home